So if you want to learn:
- How your Digital Camera works
- What the automatic settings are supposed to do
- Manual settings – explained in English
- Some good tips for composition – if you don’t know the rule of thirds, now’s the time
- Post production – lots of good info, just hope you have Photoshop
Be sure to check out their links under additional resources at the bottom of the main page. If you’re looking for hardware, a NAPP membership will deliver good deals in addition to their Photoshop tutorials.
For hardware reviews, I like DPReview.com and friends like Steves-Digicams.com. A game changing possibility that was just anounced is Lytro‘s really cool lens technology. Hopefully this recommendation won’t look too silly in a couple of years.
In the interest of full disclosure: Digimarc and I work with the NAPP folks, but all the other websites mentioned are ones that I just happen to like.